ACER provides a variety of research computing platforms to the UIC community. ACER runs multiple on-site platforms for a variety of HPC needs:
- Traditional HPC built on industry-standard x86_64 architectures utilizing parallel processing running over InfiniBand interconnects.
- High memory computing for jobs with large memory footprints utilizing up to ~1 TB RAM.
- GPU computing is available for computation can exploit applications optimized for CUDA and OpenCL.
Computation Heading link
Analytics Heading link
- Hadoop on Demand allows users to dispatch jobs to instantiate Hadoop clusters within HPC resources for Big Data applications
- R Studio provides a web-based environment for the development and execution of R applications
- SAS Studio provides a web-based environment for the development and execution of SAS applications