ACER provides a variety of research computing platforms to the UIC community. ACER runs multiple on-site platforms for a variety of HPC needs:
- Traditional HPC built on industry-standard x86_64 architectures utilizing parallel processing running over InfiniBand interconnects.
- High memory computing for jobs with large memory footprints utilizing up to ~1 TB RAM.
- GPU computing is available for computation can exploit applications optimized for CUDA and OpenCL.
- Hadoop on Demand allows users to dispatch jobs to instantiate Hadoop clusters within HPC resources for Big Data applications
- R Studio provides a web-based environment for the development and execution of R applications
- SAS Studio provides a web-based environment for the development and execution of SAS applications
Secure Computing Environment
The Secure Computing Environment (SCE) provides fortified Windows and Linux virtual machines for applications operating on sensitive data; storage and network I/O is encrypted and restricted.