Secure Computing Environment
The Secure Computing Environment (SCE) is a secure environment that mitigates the risks of working with ePHI (electronic personal health information) and other types of high risk data. The SCE eases the burden on the researcher of having to configure and assure that their computational work environment has been configured with the appropriate security controls to minimize the risk of exposing high risk data.
The SCE makes it easier for researchers to implement necessary safeguards for research that is subject to regulatory or compliance requirements, including but not limited to, HIPAA, FISMA, Personal Information Protection Act of Illinois and other grant specific regulations.
- The Secure Computing Environment (SCE) a virtual machine service hosted by the ACCC Enterprise Application & Development group. ACER staff provides services for resource sizing, user configuration, and software installation.
- ACER works in conjunction with the Research Resources Center (RRC) to manage the secure computing resources for the Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS) at UIC.
- Database and systems administration for the UIC Cancer Center are managed by ACER staff.
Getting access to SCE Heading link
ACER provides provisioning, on-boarding, and administration services for secure computing environments at UIC. The requester must adhere to the below mentioned rules and can find additional info on cost and license agreement documentation
- ACCC only provides the secure computing platform but the user acts as the data custodian for their sensitive data.
- The requestor must read and adhere to the SCE Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) mentioned here.
- ACCC will not provide admin-level access to users. Any changes to our policy should be requested through email@example.com.
|Level||CPU and Memory||Monthly Cost|
|1||1 CPU, 1 GB RAM||$27.00|
|2||1 CPU, 2 GB RAM||$39.00|
|3||1 CPU, 4 GB RAM||$63.00|
|4||2 CPUs, 8 GB RAM||$111.00|
|5||4 CPUs, 16 GB RAM||$207.00|
|6||4 CPUs, 24 GB RAM||$303.00|
|7||4 CPUs, 32 GB RAM||$399.00|
|8||6 CPUs, 48 GB RAM||$591.00|
|9||6 CPUs, 64 GB RAM||$783.00|
- In addition to the recurring charges, we will also charge the requestor a one-time setup/consultation fee of $120.
- Additional consulting is available for an hourly rate of $55
- All prices include 40 GB disk space. Additional storage is available for $0.25 per gigabyte per month plus $0.25 per gigabyte per month for backup.