For those researchers whose needs are not met by our HPC resources, e.g. supercomputer access, jobs that require extremely large memory allocation or several thousand simultaneous processors, there are external resources available to UIC researchers that our team can provide access and support to.
XSEDE integrates resources and services - supercomputers, collections of data, and new tools, makes them easier to use, and helps more people use them. Researchers can submit an allocation request via the XSEDE portal. The XSEDE network currently consists of the following clusters:
- San Diego Supercomputing Center: Gordon, Trestles
- Texas Advance Computing Center: Lonestar, Stampede (Xeon Phi)
- NICS Oak Ridge: Kraken
- Pittsburgh Supercomputer Center: Blacklight
- Indiana University: Mason, Quarry
- Georgia Tech: Keeneland (Nvidia)